Welcome to Workforce Education at North
We are here to answer your questions about Workforce Education tuition assistance funding and guide you through our application process. Tuition assistance is money that Workforce Education pays directly to the college to cover the cost of tuition and fees. Workforce Education funding may also include a book voucher to be used at the college bookstore to cover the cost of your required textbooks. Workforce Education tuition assistance is money that you do not pay back.
The expandable section below provides additional information about Workforce Education eligible academic program pathways and how to apply for Workforce Education funding.
- Workforce Education is tuition assistance, which is money paid directly to the college to cover the cost of tuition, fees and may also pay for required textbooks when funding is available.
- Workforce Education consists of four funding programs:
- Pre-College/Basic and Transitional Studies (Adult Basic Education/ABE, General Educational Development/GED, and English as Second Language/ESL)
- Career Training Certificates and Degrees
- Bachelor of Applied Science (BAS) Degrees*
*BAS Degrees are only eligible for Worker Retraining funding
Workforce Education cannot fund direct transfer degrees or undecided programs. Meet with an academic advisor or do some self-guided exploration by reviewing the resources listed on Career Exploration document and How Many Credits Should I Take? to help you decide on an academic program pathway.
- Take the Start Next Quarter survey to check your funding eligibility; the survey is not an application for funding.
- If eligible for funding, you should receive a Results page that lists the funding program(s) for which you may qualify. Click the ‘GO’ button to be directed to the Attend a Workshop page.
- On the Attend a Workshop page, enter your contact information and then click the ‘GO’ button to be directed to the Get in Touch page.
- The Get in Touch page includes information for the Workforce Education Application and link; click the application link and complete the Workforce Education Application.